Name:
Location: California, United States

"The thing about life is its never so bad that it cant get worse"

Friday, July 15, 2005

Would you?

Traffic in b'lore city is a never ending story, but while you are struck in these " I wanna kill myself" traffic you get to observe people around you, its fun to watch uncles who scream loud into their cell phones, how aunties give that "what on earth look" at a couple, or how girl smiles into the phone, so on so forth.
One of things i saw today, was this guy on a bike, removed his helmet to talk over the phone, and his scarf falls down, it was when he was struggling to tie it back managing his helmet and the phone, I saw that it was flag, a flag of USA.
So whets the first thought you get, someone is flaunting his phirang status or liking towards that country,
We have seen people who wear jackets, Tee's which have some or the other country's flag on it, and the first reaction from anybody would be " oh look, he is showing off, that he is back from US / any other country, he has no respect for our nation, did he forget he was here more than 20 yrs here, and only few years in abroad and he has forgotten all his values..blah..blah"
But .. how will you react if you see anyone who is wearing a scarf, a jacket or a T-shirt, which has Indian flag on it??
Would you call it patriotism??
Would you that flaunting your strong INDIAN values??
Is it something, which will make our parents proud off?

About 3-4 years back, a famous designer, Malini Ramini, wore a dress which had Indian Flag imprinted on it,
Now that made a big news, not quite sure what exactly stirred up controversy, was it her dress, as it was spaghetti strapped knee length frock and "print" was our National flag, the "objections" was, how can she use our national flag on a dress like that??

So is it ok if it were a sari, a draped it typical Indian style, no hip blouses or any other designs!
Is it ok if it’s a kurtha pajama or a panche types??

Would you do something like that??

9 Comments:

Blogger claytonia vices said...

hemanth just said about the Indian law that I wanted to. This is why there are almost no Indian flags to 'wear' available in the market, epecially when it comes to scarves.

There are two ways of looking at it.

Have u noticed how dirty a scarf gets when you wear it in heavy traffic, that too in hot weather?

I too have scarves one of which is the australian flag. The sole reason why I bought it was that it was colourful with the blue, red and white. It is as simple as that. It did not matter to me if it was a flag or not!!

4:59 pm  
Blogger vipul said...

hey
why have you stopped writing the blog?
Please carry on...liked it a lot
vipul

4:43 pm  
Blogger Nishu said...

:) I would prefer to call my toilet as white house and the lil' old doggie as bush (^_*)

10:14 am  
Blogger Vinod Ramamoorthy said...

I would wear a tri-color. But not an indian flag !!

4:31 pm  
Blogger Aravind Raghu said...

forget patriotism! all those dresses with flag look crap!!!

2:07 pm  
Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

I wont disrespect our flag which means using it as a bandana, hip hop outfit etc is a strict no no.

Having a tee with a indian flag on it that looks sober enough would be a resounding "yes".

After all its my country and i am proud of it so allow me to show off albeit in a nationalistic way !!!

8:30 am  
Blogger Notyergurl`nextdoor said...

good observation. My opinion is, people have they're own reasons why they wear clothes that 'have a country flag, or name' etc. Personally, I own a purse that has NYC printed on it and the only reason I even bought it is because of my personal reason being I just love the city. Now when I carry it around in India, people for sure will think em showing off. But that's really not the point em trying to make.

11:57 pm  
Blogger Tys on Ice said...

I had a union jack underwear once. That was my way of protesting the colonial rule. I wouldnt mind an indian flag tattoo but is it due to patriotism? Probably just a statement....know anyone in banglore who can do tattoo?

2:08 pm  
Blogger RuReady said...

hiiiii,
i am new to blogging and i post lot of free gre materials in my blog. i am looking for help from experienced and established bloggers like you to extend my reach by providing a link to my webpage in your blog so that it will be easier for people to find me on the internet. i am eagerly awaiting your reply. please checkout my blog and leave a comment. hoping to get some encouraging reply from you. please help me. http://sparklingswami.blogspot.com

10:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home