Name:
Location: California, United States

"The thing about life is its never so bad that it cant get worse"

Monday, May 16, 2005

Rs.35

Yes that’s how much a balcony ticket for a Kannada movie costs. I was surprised, asked my dad to repeat it again, to make sure. My dad in turn asked the guy, don’t you have anything costlier than this, and did we sound like some rotten rich people or what.
Its been ages I have watched a Kannada movie in a theatre, for my parents it was next movie after Lagaan , they are lucky not be bitten by movie bug unlike bro n me.
As I entered the theatre, I was kinda excited and felt as if I had to a theatre for the first time, hope. *Sigh*..
It was not because I was watching a kannada movie in a theatre but because I was watching the movie in this particular place.
After watching numerous movies at Rex, Symphony..and later PVR , it was quite an experience to go to this place.
From dad’s stories, this place existed during my granddad’s times, and there were no steps, it was just sliding platform, and the ceiling is the type you find in your grandparent’s house. Honestly I was quite thrilled, and the whistles you get to hear every time one of main characters enters or delivers a dialogue is amazing.
Yeh agreed you get to hear that in Hindi movies too but only for the week, not when the movie is running in its 100th week,and when its DDLJ or any "that" kinda movie.
For once a lot of credit goes to this movie, which was remade in Tamil and is running packed houses all over the country.
Sad but True (I’m listening to mettalica now!) but we don’t have many kannada movie viewers. Even sadder is the state of our movies, its only few movies like this one, which is re-made in other languages and get accolades, and these movies just disappear without trace.*Sigh*
*Some more Sigh*Hopefully we will be able to see more of these GOOD movies, soon. very soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Raju PP said...

yeah, its really a sad state...
But govt has no choice but to bring down the rates

12:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home